Print

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sugar Cookies

My Christmas is not complete unless I get to make sugar cookies with my kids. This is something my Mother did every season. She'd invite all the grandkids over to bake and decorate cookies. I'm so glad I can carry this tradition on.

makes 4-5 dozen (approx 50) cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 1/2 cups flour (may need more)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Mix until smooth.

In separate bowl combine dry ingredients and mix. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until dough is soft but not sticky. Add more flour if needed.

Chill dough at least 1 hour. On floured surface (can use underside of cookie sheet) roll dough 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Use different shaped cookie cutters to cut out dough. Remove excess dough. Place on cookie sheet. Bake on 375 for 8-10 min (don't over cook them).

Use the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe to frost cookies


No comments: